By the time you have finished reading this sentence, your body will have generated millions of new cellular beginnings. Starting anew is as natural to us as reading, breathing, blinking, and thinking. Every thought, blink of an eye, change in breath, movement, and tear is an opportunity for a new beginning…and hence a new ending. Life is one miraculous dance of new beginnings. But sometimes it feels unnatural or even distressful.
Keep in mind that stress (which literally meaning change) is inevitable, but distress can be optional.
The way that we align our mind-body can be the difference. Check out this helpful technique to help you transform a distressful new beginning to a successful and inspirational one in your life.
The Empty Chair Technique
You will need:
2 empty chairs
Have you ever heard of the saying that we can give the best advice, but can’t always accept it? Well here’s your chance! All of the answers and strengths for successful new beginnings already lie within.
This empty chair technique is invaluable for getting out of our minds and back into our heart & intuition centers. It is truly a catalyst for getting out of our own way and getting on our way.
Enlist Your Future Self With The Empty Chair Technique
- Grab two chairs and place in a room 3-4 feet apart.
- Sit in the first chair [Your Current Self] and ask yourself, “What advice would my future self, the part of me that has already resolved the issue, give me in this moment?”
- Sit in the second chair [Your Future Self, who has already witnessed the journey + solution] and settle into silence for a moment. Ask yourself, “Now that the problem is already solved and I now know the answers, what does my Current Self need to know in this moment?” Place your hands on your heart. Allow those intuitive downloads to rise up.
- Write down these insights, even if the answers don’t yet make sense. They will soon 🙂
Express gratitude for these intuitive answers. They were there all along-waiting for you to create the conditions to be received.
- Grab your tunes. Before starting the technique, find 2 songs-1 song that represents Your Current Self. Next find another song that represents Your Future Self. Play these songs as you sit in each chair. Our entire body is made of sound. Music & sound helps us to connect deeper with our bodies and emotions.
Music picks up where words leave off. Music is the universal language and can access emotional centers subconsciously.
- Set the stage. Create the ambience for introspection (looking within). Dim the lights, light candles, incorporate smells, whatever helps you hush out the world and give the gifts of reflection and time for yourself.
- Find a new spot. If you have a particular area of the home where you typically stress or worry, find a new area of the home to try this technique. Create a sacred space. You are worthy of it.
–> If your life isn’t going the way you want, there’s a reset button. It’s the Course-Correct Coaching Program. In my signature [Course-Correct Coaching Program] I show you step-by-step how to use an unexpected life detour as a catalyst to press “reset” on your life + create the 360° shift in your life right now that you’ve always wanted from the sidelines so you can wake up every day the happiest version of yourself, once and for all. Learn more here